1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are you the next Biggest Loser?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JMD, Apr 16, 2013.

?
  1. Underweight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Normal

100.0%
  3. Overweight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Slightly Obese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Obese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    image.jpg

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went moderately overweight in the early-mid-twenties, shortly after that adolescent hollow leg filled up. Got it down to normal in about 18 months, then very slowly yo-yoed within that range for the next couple decades.

Then, seeing how obesity contributed to mom's premature demise, how lesser overweight is now seriously hampering stepdad's mobility, and knowing that Type II diabetes runs in the family, provided all the motivation I needed to keep weight down to Normal. Having a fitness obsessed partner helps, though it really aggravates her how much easier it is for me to control weight.

It seems that digestive tract flora may well turn out to be one of several significant factors. If so, my mixture may be good for weight maintenance, but is not stable and gets knocked out of kilter too frequently. I sometimes wonder whether it will eventually re-stabilize to a more typical fat promoting mixture.

JMD likes this.
  3. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It is interesting how little many people understand about nutrition.

Eating fast food every day and chained to a desk 6 hours a day is a recipe for weight gain.

Sometimes little things like eating right and a exercise program is all that is needed