1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ARGH! Nasty Rock Chip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Blegate, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Blegate

Blegate Prius Gen III 2013

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Where's my original POST?????

While driving on I-5 today to Seattle I see semi-truck one car ahead of me shoot up black object from the back tires. It flies over the car in front of me and smacks my window practically in front of my face. CRAP@! It's seems like an eternity but happened in 2- 3 seconds.

It's nasty...hit in two spots...bigger than a quarter. CRUD!
    Hopefully the mobile windows guys can fix it tomorrow. Otherwise I need a new window.
    Just venting....
    b

2. brentmeister

brentmeister New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusBrian @ Oct 18 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]527593[/snapback]</div>

Fortunately those windshields are fairly reasonable and often repairable. If they replace it, I would try and put a Toyota OEM and make sure they know how to istall the Prius windshield - supposedly it is different from the traditional installation... Good luck!

Brent

3. lgamber1

lgamber1 New Member

yuck! i am glad you are okay, though. that sounds pretty scary. and i hope your windshield gets fixed quickly!

4. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusBrian @ Oct 18 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]527593[/snapback]</div>
    Don't ya just hate that? I had a car for 8 yrs that had a windshield so pitted that when the sun shined on it I could hardly see, but never got hit with a rock so I could get the windshield replaced under my insurance. The car I replaced it with got hit with a rock and cracked after only 3 months.

My new Prius got 2 chips in it when it was 2 weeks old from crap thrown up on the Southeast Expressway in Boston (gotta love the Big Dig). But no cracks yet.

5. snakeman

snakeman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Oct 19 2007, 07:27 AM) [snapback]527679[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, the Big Dig can be hazardous to the cars. I swear driving through that tunnel sometimes is like the scene from Star Wars where the heros are escaping in the Millenium Falcon through an asteroid field - I'm just waiting for Leah to pop up next to me and scream "you've got to be crazy to go in there!"

Still, I worry more about stuff falling onto the car. I swear I got hit on the roof from something dropping from the tunnel ceiling yesterday, but I can't find a mark (despite a really loud sound at the time) so it must have just been water or I got lucky.

PriusBrian - glad you're OK and I hope you can get the windshield fixed quickly and easily. Good to see the windshield did it's job well too.

6. Blegate

Blegate Prius Gen III 2013

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    They tried fixing it but didn't work. Still see a couple star bursts. The glass shop is offering me $206 (discounted) for a new window replacement.

BRENT-What's so different about a Prius window versus a regular car?

I just may replace it in the Spring since my chances for rocks increases in winter....
    brian