1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Arizona HOV Lane Usage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Taath, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Taath

Taath New Member

Hello All,
    I live in Maricopa County of Arizona and have recently purchased a 2006 Prius (which I love dearly already). According to two separate ARS codes, 28-2416 and 28-737, hybrid vehicles should be allowed to get either a special license plate or a special sticker which allows us to use the HOV lane regardless of the number of passengers. However, today I called MVD and was told that I needed a certificate of low-emissions for a Alternate Fuel Vehicle plate. When I called the Arizona Environmental Services in regards to obtaining such a certificate, I was told that gas-electric hybrids do not qualify as the EPA HOV Waiver had failed. However, my research has shown that the HOV Waiver passed and many states have adopted legislation in accordance with it's guidlines. My question is: have any other Arizona Prius drivers been sucessful in getting a special plate or special sticker which allows for the use of the HOV lane regardless of the number of passengers?

Thank you in advance,
    Taath

2. phxprius

phxprius Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Taath @ Jul 27 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]293469[/snapback]</div>
    At the bottom right corner of this screen you will see an option to choose different "Forums". Choose the drop down arrow and you will find "AZ-Phoenix". There you will se the ongoing saga when it comes to this topic. Feel free to jump right in....