1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Arizona License Plate question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by The Broz, Jun 25, 2012.

1. The Broz

The Broz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe there are a few members from Arizona on here. Does anyone know if getting a Prius liftback still qualifies for the "clean air" license plate, and therefore the HOV lanes even for a single driver?

2. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe that program was discontinued a few years ago. I checked into it in 2010 when I got mine and it was no longer offered for new Prius registrations.

3. dgaylor

dgaylor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Last year my friend was able to trade her regular plate in for the Hybrid plate because some freed up. I think they have 10,000 allocated and as the cars get traded in/trashed they wait until there are so many of them and then offer them up again. You might want to check for this opportunity once in a while.

I have had the plate for 7 years now and just transferred it to my new Prius.

4. The Broz

The Broz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Great - that sounds like good advice. I plan to seriously start shopping around the end of the year (hope to score a good deal at the very end of the year from someplace desperate to make their quota). When I start shopping around, I'll be sure to include that in my request.
    BTW - is that the only benefit (use of the HOV lave even for a single driver) or are the others I am not aware of?

5. The Broz

The Broz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oops - nevermind - I found my answer!

6. kalome

kalome Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    They did reissue 10,000 last July (2011) as dgaylor mentioned. I was able to get one last summer. I would assume those 10,000 went pretty quick but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Let me know if you were able to get one..thx.