1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Armorall Cleaner Wipes Warning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ChiaPrius, Apr 2, 2004.

1. ChiaPrius

ChiaPrius Junior Member

I used an Amorall cleaner wipe across my dashboard the other day & without realizing it, wiped the clear plastic screen thru which the instument panel projects. I didn't have the car on when I did this. The next day, when I turned it on, it was hard to see the screen- it was all smeary and I couldn't get it off. :cry:

Toyota is going to replace the screen for free this time- bless them. :) But be warned- use nothing but water on the screen!

2. edmcnierney

edmcnierney Junior Member

Glad to hear Toyota will fix it! The ArmorAll Cleaning Wipes are labeled as not recommended for use on glass, so I'd avoid using them on ANY "see-through" material.

3. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    wow! good to know. and i was planning to get those wipes. :D

4. riskable

riskable Junior Member

I actually used the wipes, but not on the screen. I was *VERY* careful when using them near any glass or the screen. I know from experience as I got a bit of armorall protectant on the inside of my old Maxima windshield and it *NEVER* came off.

However, I recently discovered that if you get it on any glass or something you don't want it on, you can quickly wipe it off with a dry cloth or paper towel as it takes quite a bit of time to settle in.

The Armorall glass cleaner wipes should be OK for the screen since they're ammonia-free.

5. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

I use the ArmorAll Premium on everything except the clear plastic. Use a very small cloth and spray the ArmorAll on it liberally. Use long strokes to eliminate streaking. It works fine, Have not tried the wipes.