1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Article in Autoweek

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob259, May 5, 2005.

1. Bob259

Bob259 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A recent article in Autoweek, on their long term test Prius wasn't very positive. They were complaining about the ride, power and the mileage.

Not sure if this due to the vehicles they normally do thier long term testing with, but they seemed to favor the Honda Insight test vehicle they had over the Prius.

That said.... the wife LOVES her new Prius and felt they were trying to compare apples and oranges. So far we have been running about the same as the Autoweek test vehicle in the 42-45 MPG range, in town.

2. twdusa

twdusa New Member

I also read that article and yes, I felt that it was negative and biased. Makes you wonder what their agenda really is if not "fair and balanced" auto news articles?

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't (much) care anymore.

They write crap this year and next year write favorable articles as though they've always endorsed it. Then when GM pads their pockets, they bash it again. It's the same story over and over.

They don't understand. They will never understand. And they simply don't care. I prefer to spend my time talking with caring and intelligent people about the Prius and the future of automobiles and oil depletion. The rest of the bungled and baffled masses will eventually wallow in their own ignorance. Let Darwin have his turn.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"87518)</div>
    Tony:

AMEN!

Jay