1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Article on Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by saechaka, Oct 31, 2005.

1. saechaka

saechaka Member

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    great article!!

i, btw, was one of the people who lambasted him on his original article about the Prius. and as predicted, he has learned to love his Prius.

i wish i could find the article now, but he was the one who said that the startup procedure was confusing and "much more difficult than it needed to be"

he complained that it was confusing on when to push the brake or not.

ya i know... we couldnt figure out what he was talking about either.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It sounds like he learned to drive it with some practice in real world driving situations and got it right for the article this time... :)

4. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

That's what I'm talking about. Too many pundits write about the Prius and how they are very disappointed after driving only 1 tank's worth... Here's an example of a pundit who let the car break in, and also let the himself learn the right way to drive the car, and he's happy. He's probably getting much better results too.

If only more pundits did this.

5. saechaka

saechaka Member

i would've never known that by reading this article. i would figure he would write about that but i guess didn't want to look dum. would be cool if you could find the old article to read what he said, just for my own interest.

6. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    it was posted here by someone about a year ago...maybe less. maybe spring time...

hey bookrats...was it you?

he had weird concerns... he was always for the environment but thought the controls were too techy and the start procedure too complicated. he also thought the MFD was too distracting...back then he didnt know it could be turned off i guess.

7. lbligh

lbligh Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    It is a rare journalist (or politician) with the grace to revise his opinion openly. You've got to respect this guy.

As the famed economist Lord Keynes is reputed to have said, "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

8. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    I've e-mailed Mr. Andrews "our" congratulations and thanks.

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually this guy has printed a lot of about-faces since its his job to introduce new technology and his impressions of that new technology. i know you may find it hard to believe, but a lot of new technology simply does not do what its advertised to do.

its not that he is wishy-washy or a bad writer. he is actually very good considering he is at the mercy of these companies. many roll out products and then cannot fix any bugs that arise later or their support falls flat on its face, etc.

David Pogue is another tech writer who also does a great job but if you follow his column regularly, you will see many retractions printed based on reader feedback. its just the nature of the bus.