1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ARUGH! DEALER VENT!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GoEco, Jun 8, 2007.

1. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So I showed up promptly for my 10:30 appt to have my alignment checked. When I made it they said to allow an hour. Today they said, "Well the check takes an hour, and it will be about an hour before we get to you." So me, with a 5 yo and 1 yo in Tow says "no problem, we'll go for a walk." After about an hour they called me b/c THEY forgot to ask me for the keys (and yes I forgot to give it to them). No problem, shuttle comes to us and gets the keys. I give them another 45-50 minutes and head back to see my car parked. "Great! Done!" I'm thinking. Oh no, STILL haven't looked at it. Well by then we had to leave. They were completely unapologetic and several times the guy mentioned that we'd lost our place "in line" b/c of the key situation. He was lucky my kids were with me. I refrained, though should have just composed myself to point it out nicely, but "ISN'T THEIR JOB TO ASK FOR THE FREAKIN' KEYS!?" Yes, I forgot, but frick, it's their freakin' JOB!

I left. I'm so ticked. I'm sending it to work with my husband next week and he'll drop it at the dealer there instead.

And I'm not cancelling the apponitment I made tomorrow, I'm just no-showing. So there! Pllbbb!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GoEco @ Jun 8 2007, 06:53 PM) [snapback]458358[/snapback]</div>
    Boy can I sympathize. What's the point of having an appointment when they work on the car whenever they darn well please? IMO, I think you missed a perfect opportunity to have your family avail themselves of the dealer's hospitality. You should have let the kids run around the showroom. I'm sure your car would have been on the rack in no time. It also seems the job of Service Writer does not require attention to detail. If you are lucky you'll get to complete a Customer Satisfaction form and hurt them where it counts. If you are still ticked call Toyota's toll free number and let them know about the dealer's crappy service.

3. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    True, and believe me I was tempted to let them wreck the place! I was thinking of writing a letter about them. I tend to get good results that way. I hadn't thought of calling, that would be quicker!

4. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Toyota has barely any control over the dealers, ESPECIALLY in the service department. Dealers are all independently owned. If you call Toyota they're going to refer you to the dealer's GM. Thats where you should go.

I learned a long time ago to rent cars. It costs $30 if you don't get them free (Lexus gives free loaners for everything, Toyota only for service over 4 hours), and they can do the work whenever they want and you won't be sitting around. Both my Lexus dealer and my Toyota dealer know to have a loaner ready for me when I drop off for service, even an oil change. I NEVER wait.

5. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    REALLY?! A loaner for anything voer 4 hours? They just always offer me a shuttle.

I wonder, couldn't I get my Toyota Serviced at the Lexus Dealer? Though there's not one in my city anyhow and it would still have my husband taking it, that might be nice.

6. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm sure they'd service it, I don't know if you'd want them to though at $100 an hour for labor LOL.

My Toyota dealer offers a loaner for everything over 4 hours, but thats the dealer chain that does that, not Toyota. Almost all Lexus dealers offer free loaners for ANY service, although they're only required to for service over 4 hours by Lexus.

But at any event, just rent a car. My dealer rents the Prius for $45 a day and Corollas and Scions for like $30. Its totally worth $30 to me not to be trapped on foot or at the dealer for 4 hours. I drop the car off the evening before, pick up the loaner, and stop by the evening after. They can take as MUCH time as they want.

7. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A ha! Sounds like all warranty work goes to Lexus, out of pocket to Toyota. LOL.

Well, the issue for me is I'm not moving car seats which is why we opted for a TWO HOUR walk.

8. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't blame you about the car seats, thats a PITA. I'd have probably taken a walk too lol.

LOL, there are a lot of people who have their Lexus cars serviced at Toyota. In reality though its not much cheaper, Toyota's labor rate is probably $90 an hour, and at least when the car is new all the maintenance is pre-packaged at both Lexus and Toyota, Toyota winds up being $60 cheaper or so on like a 15k or 30k service, when you factor in the service you get from Lexus and the free loaner, its really no cheaper...

9. gforeman

gforeman New Member

I have enough cars that I won't even wait for an inspection. I drop off, wife takes me home and I go back when I get a call. I hate waiting.

Now if I can only think of a way to leave body parts at the Dr. office for fixing :lol: