1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

As Plug-in Prius continues testing around the world, Toyota is now testing EV iQ in Japan

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by Rybold, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Note: The author calls it an "EV" but the video clearly shows the words "Plug-In Hybrid" written on the car (where rear bumper and cargo space intersect)

GO TO LINK TO WATCH VIDEO: Toyota Prius and iQ Plug-In EV : Nihon Car .com

UPDATE: After watching this video again, I think the reporter doesn't know what he is talking about. He calls the Prius "100% electric" and his video first shows an iQ, then a shot of the HSD in the Plug-In Prius, then shows the iQ again. I think this reporter was on something when he posted this. From what I can see from the actual labels on the cars in the video, Toyota is now testing a plug-in Full EV iQ in Japan. Please move this post to the EV forums. Thank you. :)

2. telmo744

telmo744 HSD fanatic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: As Plug-in Prius continues testing around the world, Toyota is now testing Plugin Hybrid iQ in J

Thank you for the info.
    Note...You might change the title of the thread, just to straight up.

3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: As Plug-in Prius continues testing around the world, Toyota is now testing Plugin Hybrid iQ in J

Looks like they've sacrificed the small rear seats in place of the battery. Still a fun car though and great fun to drive. Will be more fun as an EV.

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

An EV in iQ or Yaris size is exciting. i'm really looking forward to seeing them reach market.

5. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

iQ is being brought here as a Scion.

Scion