1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aston Martin Teams with Toyota

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by eaglesight333, Jun 30, 2009.

1. eaglesight333

eaglesight333 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Aston Martin Teams with Toyota - MSN Autos

Aston Martin Teams with Toyota

Aston Martin partners with Japanese automaker for the Cygnet, a city car that boasts the Toyota iQ's economy with a luxury trim.

By Dale Jewett of AutoWeek
    [​IMG]Click to enlarge picture

The Aston Martin Cygnet is a $33,000 city car based on this Toyota iQ.

Luxury carmaker Aston Martin has forged an innovative alliance with Toyota to develop what could be the world's first luxury city car. Aston Martin on Monday released a photo of the Cygnet, which is a Toyota iQ with restyled front sheetmetal.
    Although officially billed a concept, reports in Britain say that Aston Martin will put the Cygnet on sale next year. At first, it will be offered to current Aston owners or those who have a car on order. But it will be offered to the public later.
    The price? The equivalent of $33,000, or £20,000. That's a bit of a step up from the iQ's base price, which checks in at the equivalent of $17,800. Aston says a key part of the Cygnet is a new grille design for the automaker. There also are slight changes to the shape of the headlamps, and the addition ofAston's signature vents on the hood and front quarter panels.
    Aston won't make mechanical changes to the iQ. Toyota will build the cars and ship them to Aston's assembly plant in Gaydon. There, Aston will trim out the car's interior with leather.
    Reports say that Aston will build up to 2,000 copies of the Cygnet a year.
    One important note: The addition of the Cygnet to Aston's vehicle fleet will improve the automaker's emissions ratings.

2. rld14

rld14 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When I saw this on Pistonheads I had to check my watch, almost 3 months too late I thought...

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Boy!
    Won't Jeremy's "Top Gear" be P.O.'d when he hears this.

:lol:

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    but but but.. it's "British" lol. Yeah he'll probably chatize AM for doing such a thing.

6. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I can see it now - Top Gear James Bond special! Jeremy rolls out on stage silently in a HSD Cignet!

7. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

funny enough, it was rated as best news of the week by readers at autoexpress :).

Its basically iQ with Aston's luxury thrown in. Why not have small and exclusive car for Aston Martin's buyers?