1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ASURE 9" Carplay Touchscreen Radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by IEsorry, Jun 6, 2024.

1. IEsorry

IEsorry New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just purchased my first Prius, a 2009 with JBL 9-Speaker System. Immediately bought a "Carplay" radio:

There is a link to the actual unit in the youtube link: it is the "ASURE 9" Touchscreen for 2009 Prius"

However, Im concerned about the compatibility with the JBL system. In the video, I can see the JBL logos and assume he has it in his car, and the unit seemed to be plug and play. However, the description on amazon says two things: that it is compatible with the JBL Amplifier, but it does not work with 6+ speaker systems. Couple this conflicting/confusing data with the plethora of topics/threads on JBL system compatibility w/ aftermarket touchscreen radios, and my head is about ready to explode. I will be trying an install this weekend and will report back, but ahead of that, wondering if anyone has any experience or opinion on whether this will work?

2. IEsorry

IEsorry New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Confirmed that this unit was plug and play. Very easy to install and works with the JBL system. All 9 speakers work in addition to steering wheel controls.