1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

At 20,000 miles, trip-A mileage reset, but...

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by RoadNoise, Nov 8, 2018.

1. RoadNoise

RoadNoise Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    ...the MPG still reflects the cumulative mileage since purchase. In other words, trip-A automatically reset mileage to zero at 20,000, yet the MPG shown is still based on the 20,000 mile history. Anyone else experience this or should I get it looked at before the warranty runs out in a few months? Should probably just do a hard reset and see how it reacts.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't recall ever reading that. not sure if it's programmed that way, or an anomaly

3. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The only odometer that can display the full number of digits beyond 10,000 miles is the main display. All of the "other" trip odometers do not reset, but just drop off the ten thousand digit. There is no reset for any cumulative data. And it is safe from battery disconnects as well (although I am not sure for the what length of disconnect)

RoadNoise likes this.
  4. RoadNoise

RoadNoise Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    Thanks krmcg. Could have sworn trip-A was showing all 5 digits until 20,000 miles happened but I must have imagined it. Learn something new about this car almost every time I drive it (and certainly every time I visit Prius Chat!).

krmcg likes this.