1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ATT and Bluetooth phone: Advice please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pjsluna, Feb 11, 2008.

1. pjsluna

pjsluna Junior Member

AT&T Bluetooth phone for 2006 prius

Hello All

I know this has been discussed before but I cannot find any recent threads. I have gone to the toyotal lets talk web page and have a list of phones that should work but...

Can you all chime in on what ATT phone works with the Prius? I have a 2006 model.

I need to switch from Verizon to ATT and would appreciate your input on what phones will work well.

Thank you in advance

Patty:)

2. pjsluna

pjsluna Junior Member

Hello all

I need to switch to AT&T
    I have a 2006 Prius

Can you all please share your experiences on what phones work well with the Prius.

Thank you in advance!

Patty:)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    *threads merged*

4. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My Cingular/AT&T Razr v3 works well. I have a 2008 Prius but it should work with the 2006 as well.

5. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I can only speak for Motorola phones with Prius 'cause I have had two paired with Prius.
    On the other hand, I was not impressed by the SE phone. The BT function dropped more often than I liked. Anyway, some phones allow you to transfer all contacts at one shot (like SE), others only allow one-contact-at-a-time transfer (like Motorola).

ATT places no limit on BT functions (unlike Verizon).

6. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    i have a 2004 and a razr phone with at&t...works very well...

7. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just switched from Verizon to AT&T. My old phone was a Sony Ericsson and it worked really well with my 2007. My new phone, the Samsung A737 works fine, but sometimes the Autoconnect function requires several retries if you switch to a different phone and back (in our case it's my wife's Blackberry). I suspect that the issue may have something to do with the Blackberry's unstable BT capabilities and not with my phone per se.

8. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    iPhone baby! Mine works GREAT! :)

9. tkil

tkil New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My Verizon V710 worked well with my 2005 Prius, but suffered from various Verizon lock-down features (no phonebook transfer, etc). Did fine as a hands-free device, although I still had to dial on the phone itself.

My iPhone (on AT&T) works pretty well with the 2005 Prius. My main complaint is that the Bluetooth audio doesn't kick in until a second or two after the connection is made -- so I often miss the callee saying "hello" and I need to sound kinda stupid for a bit. (Then again, I sound stupid often, so I'm used to it!)

Good luck!

10. badfiddler

badfiddler New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The AT&T Tilt works perfectly, including transferring entries from the contacts list.

11. Priusmeus

Priusmeus New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Patty,

The Sony Ericsson Z310a works great with the Prius Navagation from AT&T. When I looked using the toyota link just before picking one out recently this model had the most compatible functions, they were all checked except for one minor one as I recall. At the time I didn't see any other phone that was shown as more complimentary as this one. I've found it really works nice with 2008 Prius with Navigation System, take a look through the link. :)

~ Sharon

Toyota Bluetooth Phone

12. Black2006

Black2006 Member

Frankly, I haven't had a phone which didn't work well with the Prius.

I've had Raz, Pebble, HTC3600 (Trinity) and an iPhone. All worked without a problem.

Just my opinion, but if you are on AT&T, go for the iPhone - the UI is light years ahead of everything else.

13. Black2006

Black2006 Member

please delete.

14. Black2006

Black2006 Member

please delete.

15. Black2006

Black2006 Member

please delete..., my browser went nuts.