1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Attaching a pda on the dash?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by smtrader, Sep 28, 2004.

1. smtrader

smtrader Member

2. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a big fan of ProClip. I have one for my '96 Camry, and love it. I can pop it in when I want to mount my Dell Axim PDA for using the GPS, or I can take it off and put it away when I don't want it.

The mounts are separate from the holders. You buy a mount that matches your car, then you buy a holder for whatever item (phone, PDA, MP3) that you want to hold. All of the holders (Device Solutions) fit all of the mounts, just by simply screwing them on the mount.

Love my ProClip...they even make some belt clips for your cell phone. I know they make one for the Treo 600.

Tim

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Pro Clip is a great product. I have several for my cell, my iPod etc. You have to go the Pro Clip Canada for the Prius one. Eh go figure.

4. smtrader

smtrader Member

Guys,

Glad to know they make a quality product. Their picture looks like you have to permanently put in the mount (screws and such) on the dash somewhere, is that right?

I'm not sure I want the mount to be always present, or is that removable?

Brian

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No not at all!! The bracket fits into the narrow slots between things. vents, stereos and other dash board inserts. I also have one that clamps on the between seats council. All removable. These things are well thought out and very slick. They come with a "tool" to insert them and remove them. They work very well.

6. wetntacky

wetntacky New Member

7. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Their pictures do show the Mounts being attached to a wall or other permanent object. However, all of their mounts attach to the vehicle clips that they make. No worries about drilling into your car...that's just their pictures!

Tim