1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Attaching digital photo

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lenjack, May 26, 2007.

1. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How do I do this? I have an image to post with a question and I can't seem to get it right. I can copy, but not paste?

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    First, "Fastreply" doesn't include images unless you select "More Options" at the bottom. So select "Addreply", or full edit with a new topic.
    Scroll down, and you'll see a box where you can select "File Attachments".

Click the "Browse" button, and it will allow you to find the image on your computer.

Once you have selected the image and its' path shows in the file attachments box, click "Add This Attachment" beside the "Browse" button.

Then you will see a box further down with your filename in it. Click on "Add into Post" and the image will be added into the message. Note that it can be important -where- you add it, so use your normal text editing skills to move the "image" (just a name in brackets at this point) exactly where you want it. Text above, text below, etc.

3. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Many thanks, but how do I add the image on a new post, not a reply?

4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lenjack @ May 26 2007, 07:32 PM) [snapback]450593[/snapback]</div>
    I think you've been a member long enough and have enough postings to have file attachment privileges. The same steps apply with a new posting. The posting places are below the text box where you type your message.

5. priussoris

priussoris New Member

"Click the "Browse" button, and it will allow you to find the image on your computer.

Once you have selected the image and its' path shows in the file attachments box, click "Add This Attachment" beside the "Browse" button.

Then you will see a box further down with your filename in it. Click on "Add into Post" and the image will be added into the message. Note that it can be important -where- you add it, so use your normal text editing skills to move the "image" (just a name in brackets at this point) exactly where you want it. Text above, text below, etc."

copied from above just do this

6. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Got as far as finding image and "Add This Attachment". Followed your directions exactly, but nowhere do I get the option to "Add into Post" afterwards. Maybe I'm thick! Thanks for trying.

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lenjack @ May 26 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]450625[/snapback]</div>
    I want to add an image below this text.
    [attachmentid=8379]
    Now there's the button on the bottom right, "Add into Post".
    [attachmentid=8380]
    JPEG pictures seem to work best.

Attached Files:

• PC1.jpg
      PC1.jpg
      File size:
      100 KB
      Views:
    • PC2.jpg
      PC2.jpg
      File size:
      116.2 KB