1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Attaching surf board to Prius--ok to put on windshield?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Austinsurfer, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Austinsurfer

Austinsurfer New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hey Prius owners. I'm renting a Prius (love it so far!), and I need to put my 11' surfboard on top. I've got the kind of straps that tou run over the top of the car and wrapped through the doorways. The board is on, but I can't go more than 50 without it fluttering a little. So my question is: can I put some strong pressure on the windshield? If I could move the strap over the winshield, that would allow me to tighten the board down. Other ideas? Thanks! [IMGLINK][/IMGLINK]

2. nahtanoj

nahtanoj New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    did you pay the $9 for the insurance??? if so you can just take the windows out and stick it in the car!!!
    11' is a big board. my 9'6" fits in the car. i haven't fiddled with putting it on the roof yet because i don't have the roof bars.
    you might try strapping the front of the board to the front of the car, like a tending line kind of thing. so the board flat on the roof as usual with a rope from the hood/grill area going straight up and around the nose of the board.

3. Austinsurfer

Austinsurfer New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hey, thanks a bunch for the tip! I ended up leaving the 11' at home and just bringing the 9', which I put inside the car no problem.

4. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would say no. windscreens are not made how they used to be, they're very fragile in modern cars!