1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ATV defeats train!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by barbaram, Jun 10, 2006.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hard to belive but an ATV defeated a passenger train on the Atlantic City line!
    Who needs bombs when there are people leaving vehicles with gas tanks on the tracks???????????

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Looks to me like the ATV got the worst of it, even if the train did have to stop (probably for legal rather than technical reasons.)

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure how you're defining 'defeated', but looks like there's a little damage from burns to the train and a destroyed ATV in the photo I'm seeing. I'd imagine that train was driven home for the cosmetic repairs and will be up and running in no time.

4. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The train car was rendered unusable, train evactuated and passengers transferred to another train. The CBS Philly TV station had their helicopter over the scene on the 6pm news. From what I understand there was toxic smoke throughout the car.
    The car had to be towed to the repair facility the next day. Repairs on rail equipment are quite expensive.
    Not to mention the inconvenience to passengers with the delays involved.

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

For some reason, those metra type rail cars are about a million bucks each. That's probably $30k in damage or something nuts.

Hope the rider wasn't on the atv.

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

That looks like a Yamaha "Blaster" ATV... No pun intended...

:ph34r:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jun 11 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]269785[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I would imagine there's a ton of liability-related technical issues when building something for public transportation.