1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audi’s Automatic Driving for Parking

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jsfabb, Jan 24, 2013.

1. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can think of a few parking lots in Europe which are so small that I've nearly been paralyzed, thinking it is impossible to get in or out without scraping a car badly. Maybe it builds character to have parked there on my own, but I sure would have liked a parking assist in them.

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    :rolleyes: That's what bumpers are for :whistle:

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    From the company that gave us this commercial.

4. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah. I used to be able to parallel park my parents' 66 or 67 Plymouth Fury (one of the largest US cars from the big-car era) without power steering in a space about 18 inches longer than the car. Those bumpers got a good workout.

In more recent years I got a ticket for improper backing when I kissed the bumper of a lady's Corvette while parking and she took exception, calling the cops. She thought the spot where I had cleaned the dust off her bumper was a ding. To this day I am sure it wasn't, and there was none of her paint on my car. But I paid the ticket. But the cop was nice and the way he wrote the ticket it wound up with no points and no report to my insurance company.

But the places in Europe that scare me are the ones with spaces and ramps that are so narrow I can't imagine not flattening the doors and/or fenders.