1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audi buys hydrogen fuel cell patents

Discussion in 'Fuel Cell Vehicles' started by usbseawolf2000, Nov 11, 2015.

1. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    [​IMG]

Audi AG has acquired a number of hydrogen fuel cell patents from Canadian clean energy company Ballard Power Systems, which it says will help increase the development of future drivetrains.

The manufacturer has an ongoing co-operation with the company, which lasts until 2019, and says the patents will underpin developments in hydrogen fuel cell systems for the Volkswagen and Audi brands.

Concept versions of the Volkswagen Golf and Audi A7 Sportback were shown at the Los Angeles Auto Show last year, said to be near production-ready once the fuelling infrastructure is available.

More info: Audi buys hydrogen fuel cell patents | EV Fleet World

BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and now Audi are moving on to FCV. Acura should be next.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I feel bad that no one has the respect for usb's tenacity, to even post a comment . . . so here goes (ok, it's humor on the horizon - but it comes in the way of a guy who runs a space program, where hydrogen has to be used daily) ;

Elon Musk Is Right: Hydrogen Is 'An Incredibly Dumb' Car Fuel | ThinkProgress

that was actually meant in a non-confrontational way ... a reminder ... in case there's any doubt that the FC opposition has in anyway given up. See you at your next post or thread !!
    ;)

#2 hill, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if i were audi, i'd be investing in anything non diesel related.