1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio controls not working after car detailing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by chantan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. chantan

chantan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Last week, I got a detailing job done on my 2007 Prius. Next day, noticed that all audio system buttons on dashboard stopped working. Though buttons on steering wheel are working, but I am not able to change any CD's. Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chandra.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hit the radio faceplate with the palm of your hand to see if that helps. You probably have a loose/intermittent connection in the sound system.

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When you say Audio Buttons on the dash do you mean the buttons on the touch screen?

And when you say detailing I'm assuming that meant an interior detailing?

My fear is that perhaps a chemical or solution was used on the touch screen that may of messed it up. There are threads where people have damaged their touch screens fairly easily, with the simple attachment of suction cups.

I wouldn't panic. IF it is indeed the touch screen, I think I'd carefully clean it off....even if it looks clean...using just a damp, non abrasive cotton cloth and then I would just wait a day or two and see if functionality returns.

IF not? Then you perhaps have a bigger problem. But that would be my first step.

Good Luck.

4. 1stTimeToyotaBuyer

1stTimeToyotaBuyer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V

Came across this thread today. I have a similar problem. Had my interior "detailed" by a buisness. After, my touch screen on the navigation system flickered, went gray, saw a "water stain" move across the screen, then "water spots" appeared, then the screen went dark all in a 24 hour period. Had hoped it would "dry out". That's what the guy said after he swore he didn't get it wet in the first place. Now my warranty wont cover replacing it because of water damage. I can't use my back up camera. I can't change my xm radio stations on the screen when i cant see the icons. My cd player still works at least. The radio is still stuck on the same radio station. I'm so frustrated by this. I have a 2012 Prius V wagon. If you get this message, I was just wondering what you ended up doing. Did you replace it with toyota genuine part or did you get an after market system?
    Thanks,
    Pam

5. chantan

chantan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The problem I had was not touch screen button, but the physical buttons. Hitting the face plate didn't help, but looks like some liquids got in and it took a few days for the liquids to dry out. All the buttons are working normal now.