1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio input for 2005 with GPS?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mikeslavis, Oct 8, 2010.

1. mikeslavis

mikeslavis New Member

Hi all,

Did a quick search and came up without any good ideas, so wanted to pose the question:

Is there an inexpensive way to get Audio Input into the 2005 Prius radio (I have the Nav/GPS package)?

I saw from my search that Coastal eTech has a "Lockpick" package which would give audio in along with several other functions. But this thing is ~ $200 and the Priuschat users' reviews of Coastal's customer Service were not encouraging.

I have been using a TomTom with FM transmitter but this has several problems (having to switch stations to find a "dead" FM channel, TomTom only has about 2GB storage available, and the sound just doesn't sound very good).

I'm tossing around getting one of those tape-deck inputs if I can find one (hoping it'll sound better than the TomTom FM transmitter), but first wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to get "REAL" line-inputs into the radio (or if there were other ideas that would work well that I haven't figured out).

Thanks very much,

Mike Slavis