1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio Install Completed Today

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Crazy Canuck, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today I took my car in and had the head unit replaced, and Sirius installed. I decided to keep with the factory speakers for the time being. It's a lease after all, and don't want to do too much to it. Pics below.

I went with the JVC KDR900, the Metra Axxess ASCW, Scosche dashkit,and the standard two pieces to get Sirius to work.

I think they did a good job. I got them to grind out the blank under the shifter and put the JVC's rear USB input there. The microphone for the bluetooth got put in above the rearview mirror. They also put the antenna for the Sirius under the dash where the Nav GPS antenna would go. Reception seems okay so far.

I was originally going to attempt the install by myself but chickened out, so thank you Autotemp Air and Sound :)

Attached Files:

2. vegasjetskier

vegasjetskier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How much did it cost and how much will Toyota dock you for that mod when you turn the car back in?

3. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In total I spent around $700, but I kept the original, and when I go to bring it back, all will be as it was :D

Still cheaper than the $600~ Toyota wanted for the XM and the $250~ for the Blu Logic...

4. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Looks good :) Almost as good as mine :D

I did a complete audio upgrade including Eclipse HU, Alpine PDX-4.100 amp, Polk MM6501 components (front & rear), and Infinity Basslink Sub. The factory speakers are crap, change them out and add amp + sub - you will be amazed of the difference in sound quality.

Attached Files: