1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio/Nav/VSC NOT FUNC. FUSE DOME KEEP BLOWNING

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ivan Salazar, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ivan Salazar

Ivan Salazar New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello i am new to this form.
    I have a 07 Prius (gen2) ive had the car for 2 years. One previous owner, and has 200k miles. *i know -_-*
    But the car works great! but recently my Audio/ radio/ aux and navigation stopped working. So i figured out that it was a fuse and i replaced with the correct one 15a low-profile ATM.
    So it worked for a good while and after like a week it blew again, so i replaced it. And after i drove it for about 30min coming home it blows again. So now every time i drive it, it blows a fuse right away. And recently i replaced a fuse and as soon as i put it and started the car it just blows out right away. Ive checked everywhere and ran diagnostic mode checked my 12v battery level and its all good. . so i have no idea why it keeps doing this. I also replaced the AM FUSE 7.5a under the drivers side fuse box. and that still didnt work. My car has Bluetooth installed in the car but i disabled that and it still blows a fuse. and nothing in the cigarette lighter port.

So if anyone had this same issue and solved the problem please let me know!
    Really appreciate it!

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    most likely have a short circuit from when the Bluetooth was installed. you will need to disassemble the dash wherever the Bluetooth was installed and trace the wires.