1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio/ navigation software at v2.1...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MNR, May 27, 2016.

1. MNR

MNR New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I'm the proud owner of a Prius 3rd gen Three 2012 since the last 6 months. I have an iPhone 6 and it is really difficult to link it to the Bluetooth, it is laggy and takes a while... Not sure if this is normal.
    I was looking a little bit in the audio system and realized that the software version is still 2.1. I can see on the forum that some people were able to upgrade Entune up to 5.1 but couldn't find any information in the Toyota website. I have a touchscreen system with the numbers 57032 on the bottom right. So,I have a couple of questions.
    First, do I have the right to upgrade the system? If yes, will it be easier to connect my phone and would this bring more options to the audio navigation system?My dealer doesn't look concerned by this and couldn't answer me.
    Then, if I can upgrade, should I upgrade via the Entune app on Iphone or should I download some type of file on a drive and process to the upgrade via the usb port? If this is the right option, where should I find that file?

Thank you for you help,

2. gmuntz

gmuntz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I'm trying to upgrade my software from 2.1 as well. My issue is two USB keys I've used with the ISO file on them aren't picked up by the head unit for upgrade. In fact, it's like the USB port is inop. I don't know if you can upgrade the software via the Entune app. I'm still looking and searching. I'll update you if I find something.

3. maurices

maurices Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It seems that the system is sensitive to how USB drives are formatted. They must me formatted in FAT32 not NTFS.

seaotter likes this.
  4. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    NTFS is a Micro$oft propriety file system - it won't be recognized by other vendors (especially Linux) unless you have dedicated software that can understand NTFS. Never rely on NTFS being readable anywhere except on Windows systems.

5. meall

meall Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I updated my new (used) Prius 2012 with version 5.1.0 this evening, no problem. It took only a few minutes to do the update from version 1.7.1.

That said, I cannot say I saw any differences in the interface, maybe bug fix I guess...