1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Audio off" message on message on startup display

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by blue1748, May 20, 2012.

1. blue1748

blue1748 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey there, we've recently purchased a 2002 prius and it says Audio off at the start up, none of the buttons work that are around the cassette. How do i fix this?

2. electrontechnik

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    What happens when you press the round Radio button to the left of the cassette opening?

Ideally, the radio should come on. The volume can be adjusted with the rotary knob as well (when working correctly).

As a tie in question, does the multifunction display indicate your current MPG in the bargraph, as well as the current outside temperature?

If it doesn't, then something on the AVC-LAN bus is not working correctly or is unplugged. Most likely, the radio is unplugged or one of the harness plugs for the CD player is unplugged.

Let me know and I'll continue troubleshooting to the best of my ability! I've spent some time under the Prius Class dash, so I should be able to help.

The only other suggestion I have at this point without further information is a suggestion to check the radio fuse.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...oting/94335-2001-prius-radio-not-working.html