1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. adhall

adhall New Member

The audio system on my 2004 Prius has stopped working. This is the stock system with the multi-CD player underneath. The steering wheel buttons for the audio system don't seem to do anything and the dashboard display shows the message "Audio Off" when I go to the audio control screen. No other problems with the car are apparent.

When the problem first appeared, the radio and CD player were working normally. (I had used them both during shortly before the failure.) Then the audio suddenly stopped and I noticed the lights on the multi-CD changer were cycling. Shortly after that, the "Audio Off" message appeared in a pop-up windown on the main screen. The audio system has not worked since then.

Oddly, the multi-CD player still works to the point where I could extract the CDs. However, I still have a CD in the single-CD player and it will not release it.

For what it's worth, we have had quite a bit of rain lately and the car had been parked outside for about 2-1/2 weeks.

Any ideas??

2. lonaj

lonaj New Member

I don't have an answer, just another problem. The radio/CD player in my brand new 2006 Prius is also not working. All I get is an "audio off" message. The dealer is stumped but hopes to have an answer by next Tuesday when I take it in for a LoJack installation.

Hoping someone here has an idea.

I'm in the Seattle area and we've been having LOTS of rain.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    stupid question. what happens when you press the audio power button? any response from any button on the audio system? MFD messages? just the "audio off?"

4. adhall

adhall New Member

When I press the audio "Power" button, there is no apparent response--no sounds, no lights, no messages, no change to the display. In other words, nothing seems to happen.

("But it happened very suddenly!"--With apologies to the Goon Show.)

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    sounds like your head unit's shot. you're still under warranty, right?

this makes sense because your multi changer still has power while the head unit isn't working.

take 'er in...

6. sweathog76

sweathog76 Junior Member

Same thing just happened to me as well (2004 also). The stock radio was working fine previously and I was surprised to fine my radio non-responsive this morning. Also, there are no beeps when I press any of the touch display buttons. Another similarity to the original poster was that we had a good deal of rain yesterday as my car was parked outside all day.

Any update with what the problem was or solutions?