1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Audio On" switched power source?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by hsnyder, Jul 2, 2012.

1. hsnyder

hsnyder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hey gang. Anyone know of an easily accessible location to tap into "Audio On" 12V power?

Would like to wire the "power control" input of my self-powered sub to this (v. the "Accessory On" power that feeds the 12V plug in the back).

Thanks!
    Howard

2. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. hsnyder

hsnyder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Wow. Nice instructions for digging into that dash, there. I'm just hoping I'll need 'em if someone can point out a switched Audio ON connection that certainly must lurk in there.

If I can't find an "Audio ON" switched power source, I can tap into the cig lighter in the back (closer to the sub), but what I'm really hoping for is to locate one that will only switch the sub ON when the Head Unit audio is switched ON.

Would prefer not to have the sub powered anytime the car is on (if I can avoid it).

Thanks.

4. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I doubt that you will find the Audio ON only because I think the NAV unit you have in your V+ATP will be powered on as a whole. In your case the speaker signal won't even do what you want. I am not sure about the antenna signal though?

5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Many amps will turn on when the inputs turn on without a specific "amp enable" signal.