1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio power button or fuse?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 2009Prius, Jul 5, 2011.

1. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    This morning the radio did not seem to work. I pushed the Audio button on the side of the MFD and screen showed "Audio Off". I pushed the audio power button (rectangular button above the volume control knob) and nothing changed. I pushed the same button many times, sometimes briefly, sometimes holding for a while, the MFD always showed "Audio Off".

Could it be a bad button or a blown fuse? Where is the fuse? Thanks!

2. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Update: Yesterday and this morning the button decided to work fine and I can turn the audio on and off without any problem. I wonder if the 12V battery was partially discharged (see this thread) and made the computer confused until some ignition on off cycles. The radio stations are all still in the computer memory.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If this should happen again, try hitting the face of the stereo with the palm of your hand, not too hard. The idea is to see whether you can temporarily clear an intermittent connection between the face panel and the rest of the stereo.

1 person likes this.