1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio sound help please

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by DG82, Aug 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. DG82

DG82 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently acquired a (lightly) used Prius. The Bluetooth audio works for playing music off my iPhone and receiving and making photo calls. But when I try to play a video from my phone (eg a lecture that I want to listen to), there is no sound. It is playing on the display screen but no sound. I have tried switching off audio to just play it directly from my phone but while I am in the car no sound will come out of my phone. The same happens when I try to play audio messages from WhatsApp or even record voice notes myself - the receiver says they can’t hear any sound from me. This only occurs when I am in the car. The phone works perfectly for these functions otherwise so definitely not the phone. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Mic muted?

3. Pri3C

Pri3C Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I wouldn’t be so quick to conclude it’s “definitely not the phone”. The phone may only be routing the audio for music and some other settings may need to be adjusted to point the audio to the Bluetooth connection. Try removing the phone from your Bluetooth (both the car and your device list) and pairing again. Try the auxiliary connection + pairing another phone to the car and see if you get the same result. Hope you find a solution!

#3 Pri3C, Aug 11, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2023