1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio system rebooted while car is running

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by SmogSlide, Apr 21, 2011.

1. SmogSlide

SmogSlide Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone,

Back to report some strange event about my Prius yesterday; the audio system rebooted while I was driving. OK a little background of the weather, temperature, what was turned on.

It was raining cats and dogs yesterday evening here in Melbourne, 16C outside temperature, had the headlights and fog lights on (fog lights was used for the first time in 1.5 years ownership for 2 days). As I was clawing in slow traffic, the audio system was rebooted, saw the Toyota logo and subsequently the safety instruction screen on the NAV system only, no welcome message on the HSI pixelated screen. The car was driving normally whilst all this was happening. Drove it for another 15km, it was OK. Thinking it might have something to do with the use of fog lights, I turned it off immediately after the issue was encountered.

Drove another 110km today to work without the fog lights, but no issues so far. Maybe I will try it with fog lights on next week.

Anyone encountered the similar issue before?

2. SmogSlide

SmogSlide Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

My CD player is now dead and awaiting for a new unit for replacement. Everything else worked OK but the CD does not want to play and shows "CD error".

Oh well, think this might be related to the reboot issue observed more than a month ago.