1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio volume

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Dick Bosik, May 31, 2005.

1. Dick Bosik

Dick Bosik New Member

One thing I have noticed is the difference between the audio volume level when you are moving as compared to when you are not moving. I am constantly turning the volume level down when I stop and then back up when the car gets moving; it is due to the road noise.
    I am wondering if anyone knows of a modification which would lower and raise the volume level depending on your speed. Most car have this feature but I can't find it on the Prius except for controlling the voice whenever the navigation system.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Shouldn't this be posted in the Audio & Electronics forum?

3. Dick Bosik

Dick Bosik New Member

Yea, you are right, this is my first time posting, I'll be more careful in the future and pick the correct category.
    Thanks

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Dick:

I know what you mean. My 2000 GMC Sierra SLT had Speed Compensated Volume, and you could adjust how much it actually compensated based on truck speed.

For an otherwise crappy truck, that was about the only feature I found neat that actually worked.

Jay

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:76780da652]These little lapses amaze me. The Prius is such a smart car, the engineering is so thoughtful and good, and yet there are these little "Why didn't they do that?" irritations, like automatic door locking.

You'd think compensating sound level should be a no-brainer. The mic is built in already. Just compare the signal out to the speakers to the same signal in through the mic and keep it constant. Maybe a future software update...[/font:76780da652]

6. mmccking

mmccking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree, I have the same problem all the time.

The other thing that bothers me they didn't add was full up/down window controls on all windows. Without this feature, the windows don't have a back-off sensor, I bought my daughter to tears one time by accidently closing the window on her hand.