1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Australia & Muslims

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TheAnnoyingOne, May 21, 2007.

1. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    [attachmentid=8203]

Attached Files:

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Annoying One @ May 21 2007, 09:20 AM) [snapback]446701[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmmmm, interesting, my knee-jerk reaction is “Bully†for the Aussies! Will have to see how this pans out but I personally support this proposition .

Wildkow

p.s. i think you should have just cut & pasted the text as some ppeople may not have Word and thus the capability to read the file. If you don't mind I have done so below but will remove it if you ask. . .

3. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 21 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]446815[/snapback]</div>
    Furthermore, the story's really old (2005). And it seems unlikely that anything will pan out of it, as there was actually nothing there in the first place. That much can be seen from the concluding paragraph on the snopes page which The Annoying One failed to include in the word document:

The individual statements attributed to the Australian government officials included in the email are essentially accurate, but the selectively quoted excerpts of controversial material from different news stories create the misleading overall impression that Australia enacted a formal policy to force some Muslim groups out of the country. The statements quoted were part of a public debate over an issue that flared briefly in the immediate aftermath of the London Tube bombings, then quietly subsided.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp

4. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wildkow, thanks for posting the entrie attachment. I have word but a lot don't.

I agree with the Aussies. I would like to see some of that same reasoning here, as one language, English.

Did you see the school flying the Mexican flag over the United States flag which was upside down. :angry:

Reguardless of how you feel about Bush this is still the United States.

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ May 21 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]446821[/snapback]</div>
    Just finished the snopes write up, thanks. Overall I think the sentiment is correct. How it is implemented in each nation is another thing. Which means I still pretty much agree with this missive which was my first post on FHOP right after I joined priuschat.

Wilkdow

6. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    At least the Australians enforce their immigration laws and do not enter into endless debates of “how†to fix their immigration issues, they just do.

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Way to Go! Good for them, I hope they stick to their guns..... B)