1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Authorizing XM Radio Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by spietrek, Jun 10, 2011.

1. spietrek

spietrek New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Wednesday I started the car to drive to work and switched from BlueTooth (which I was listening to all day Tuesday) to Satellite and the XM channel switched to 001. I attempted to switch to other channels but received an UNAUTH. I immediately pulled over and called support and had a radio signal sent (it was 5:00AM so I did everything over the phone). It didn't work. Got to work and logged in and had a radio signal sent. Same result - it didn't work.

My account is paid up through 2014. Satellite radio has been solid since I bought the vehicle 1.5 years ago.

I called support and they resent the signal. Didn't work. They had me open the door for 2 minutes with the car off and resent the signal. Didn't work. They recommended I go see my dealer.

On the way home I noticed NavTraffic WAS working. I contacted support again and let them know about NavTraffic, and after putting me on hold for 10 minutes, verified my account was in good standing. After a few attempts at resending the signal again, satellite radio still doesn't work. They recommended I take the car back to the dealer.

I made an appointment for Monday with the dealer but was checking to see if anybody had ideas. Is there a XM satellite reset for the Prius? Bad antennae? Bad radio?

Thanks for your help.

-Steve

2. billnchristy

billnchristy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had that happen a couple times but cycling the radio power solved it both times.