1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

auto answer with 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by marthaskol, Aug 30, 2010.

1. marthaskol

marthaskol New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi everyone, new to this site and I did try a search first. Just got a 2010 and gave my husband my 2006. No problems auto connecting with my blackberry, but...on my 2006 the telephone settings in the Prius had a setting to auto answer the phone, (it as call auto connect) so in other words the car picked up the phone call without my having to do anything. I can't seem to find this setting on the 2010. Did they get rid of it, or am I missing something. Thanks in advance

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Double check your phone itself. In my experience, the phone has an auto answer feature, not the vehicle. I could be mistaken, but I know that my car (2010 with Navi) does not have an auto answer feature.

3. marthaskol

marthaskol New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    thanks, I'll check the phone but on the 2006 it as definitely a setting on the car, not the phone.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  5. samdaman

samdaman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [bump]

Was there ever an answer to this? I have an 07 and an 11, and indeed, the 07 has a setting in the bluetooth phone setup to enable 'auto-answer', and it works fine. However, I cannot find an equivalent setting in the 11. Same phone in both. Bad enough the actual conversation delay is worse in the 11 -- adding my reaction delay to that makes it even worse.

With all of the 'nanny features' [i.e., can't change XYZ while moving], I'm amazed they would take away a hands-free feature that was working just fine.

Did the auto answer feature really go away in the 11 -- or have I just not found it [ along with the 07 storage space... :( ]