1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Blutooth Connect?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rstark18, Aug 9, 2009.

1. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think I found a bug. I have an iPhone 3G and I am using audio Bluetooth streaming. I prefer to connect the Bluetooth audio stream manually so that I soon as I turn on the car music doesn't start playing automatically. So I turn "Auto Bluetooth Connect" OFF. The problem is at some point (I haven't figured out when), it resets itself to "Auto Bluetooth Connect" ON for some reason. Has anyone else ran into this?

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I leave auto-connect on, but switch the audio to a different source or turn it off, so I've never tripped over this "bug."

Do you leave audio on and the BT tab selected, but not want the music to start streaming again. If so, sounds like a "Dr., it hurts when I go like this. Don't go like that." kind of issue.

3. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes I do leave the audio unit on and usually leave it on the BT tab. But, I don't see the purpose of the setting "Auto Bluetooth Connect" ON/OFF if it always turns itself back to on. It's nice not to have to jump through hoops when turning the car off. So now it sounds like I'm going to have to:
    1. select a different audio tab besides BT
    2. switch my iPhone to a song if I'm listening to a podcast (so I don't lose my place in the podcast).
    It would be nice to be able to hop in the car, hit connect on the BT tab and hit play on the screen to resume where I left off in my podcast.

4. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Gotcha, the old podcast restart problem thrown into the mix. You'd think that's an issue Apple could fix. I know when I'm at the gym using headphones, the music pauses when I pull the headphones out, and the music will restart at exactly that point in the car. But if I stop then restart the car, the music reverts to the start of the last track. I wish it worked like it does with wired headphones.

5. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's it. I got off the phone with Apple about this and they said that it's just the way Bluetooth works on the iPhone. It's more like that's the way the software engineers designed the Bluetooth software stack on the iPhone. Hopefully they'll be upgrading to AVRCP in the near future and we'll get true control of our Bluetooth.