1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto dimm mirror with compass

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mtissington, Aug 26, 2007.

1. mtissington

mtissington New Member

2. GT in PA

GT in PA New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtissington @ Aug 26 2007, 10:56 PM) [snapback]502573[/snapback]</div>

According to them it will fit the 2007 Prius without requiring an adapter. The 50-GENK45 has the compass and is $269.99. The 50-GENK50 has temp and compass for $349.99. Their phone number is 877-812-2249.
    This unit looks identical to the one in the Prius (minus the compass in the mirror). The salesperson was pretty sure the company provided the mirrors for Toyota but could not verify.

GT

3. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtissington @ Aug 26 2007, 10:56 PM) [snapback]502573[/snapback]</div>
    It sure will. I have put two Gentex mirrors in my 07. The first one I took out of my PT Cruiser when I traded it in on the Prius and since it was just a dimming mirror only I ordered another one that dimmed and had the compass in it. You can also get one with the compass and outside temp and one that opens your garage door too! Many options available and all you need to install it is a T-15 screwdeiver (Torx number 15) You will have to run wires to power the mirror up and wires for the temperature probe if you buy that one. I only needed the compass with the dimming function and it works very well. Bud.

4. phoskins

phoskins New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just installed a Gentex autodim with compass in my 2008 prius. It took 15 minutes and was MUCH easier than the pictorial that someone posted. I tucked the power cord into the headliner with a plastic knife. Ran it down the passenger side A frame. Again, tucked it into the trim with a plastic knife. Went behind the glove box and tapped power off the front cig lighter (thiis is ignition on power). Found a good ground on the passenger floorboard, about where you would put your right foot. This mirror had 2 wires (ignition on and ground) instead of the 3. Very easy job. Bought it off ebay for $129 brand new.

5. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  6. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I installed their mirror in an NSX I have since sold. It had the compass, map lights, garage door openers, dimmer, temp., etc. It was a quality product which never gave me a problem. As I recall it was about $320 delivered.