1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Door Locking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tntna, Nov 29, 2004.

1. tntna

tntna New Member

From what I can tell from the manual and from what I have read here, the doors do not automatically lock when you exit the car. My question is why not. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do. Signal from FOB not detected. Lock doors. Now it could become annoying if you are going about the car and it keep locking on you, but how would you know since it unlocks automatically. I'm hoping someone tells me I'm wrong on this, cause it seems like a no brainer to me. It could easily be turned on and off as well.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can go to your dealer and ask that the passive locking feature be turned on. It is done with the diagnostic tool. There is not 'easy' way to activate and deactivate that feature.

I've been toying with turning that mode on, but about half the time my car is parked in my garage and I don't need it locked...further, I often send my kids out to the car to start getting buckled in while I gather my daughter, wallet, and turn on the home alarm system and such. If it was locked the kids couldn't get in on their own and I'd end up having to dig out my fob to remotely unlock it or they'd have to wait for me to get there to open it for them.

If you have no issues like that and always lock it when you leave the vehicle it is a good idea to have it turned on.

See This File for all the available dealer customizable features.

3. noisebeam

noisebeam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a habit of always rolling down car windows when parking in garage. Not sure how I started this, but it makes it easy to get stuff from/to car later

Al

4. tntna

tntna New Member

Sure, I knew there would be reasons why it wasn't a good idea for everyone, but it seemed it should be configurable. I'm betting theres a charge for making this adjustment? Labor I would guess. Something like this should have been a user configurable setting, like unlocking all doors or just the driver door.