1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Lock Delay Time

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by liskipper, Apr 29, 2011.

1. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I bought the car, I had the dealer turn off the auto lock system because I was concerned that I would lock the fob in the car. I now see that the car will not auto lock with the fob inside and would like to re-enable this feature. I have checked out the other threads, but could not find the answer to this. I am talking specifically about the feature that will auto lock the door after it has been closed and the fob is not detected. Page 588 of the owners manual: "Time elapsed before automatic door lock function is activated if door is not opened after being unlocked" Does anyone know if an owner can change this setting, or if it requires a TechStream.
    Thanks.

2. BrettS

BrettS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Unfortunately, I believe that this does require techstream. But before you go all the way back to your dealer make sure that it will do what you really want it to. In my opinion this feature is mostly useless.

It won't auto lock the doors when you get out of the car and walk away. Instead, if you walk up to the car and touch the handle to unlock the doors, but don't actually open the door, then you walk away it will automatically relock the doors. Given that there are very few (if any) situations where I would unlock the doors, then not acutally open the door I don't think that I'll ever use this feature.

1 person likes this.
  3. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    "I am talking specifically about the feature that will auto lock the door after it has been closed and the fob is not detected."

The feature you mention does not exist. The car does not automatically lock if the fob is not detected.

The reference you provided applies if you unlock the car using the fob but then do not open a door. The car will automatically lock after 60 seconds (default value).

1 person likes this.
  4. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I wanted this feature and had to add an aftermarket system to make it work. I have a Viper system that will auto lock the doors 30 seconds after I leave the car.