1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Lock Doors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jtyner, Jun 1, 2006.

1. jtyner

jtyner New Member

Guys:

I did a weak search to see if there was already some information on this so forgive me if I am duplicating a previous question but...

I would love to have a mod that automatically locks the doors (and perhaps rolls up any windows that are down) when the key fob is say 6 feet away from the car for more than say 15 seconds. That way we could just walk away from the car and know that it will lock itself up.

What do you think? Anybody heard of such an add on? I have emailed Coastal Tech requesting such an item and of couse it has been well over 2 months and I have yet to receive a reply.

Thanks,
    Jim.

2. furkidsnprius

furkidsnprius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JT Vegas @ Jun 1 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]264318[/snapback]</div>
    Nope haven't heard of one but sure would love it!! Even if it had to be an add on.

3. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    definitely gonna pay a pretty penny for that
    lots of wiring

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I thought about it on my way home and I don't know if I'd like it. For one thing, if I was bringing in groceries I would have to unlock it every time I brought in a bag. Also, my alarm goes on when the door is locked. If my wife (who doesn't have a fob) is waiting for me in the car, it would go off if she tried to get out.

Who knows? Maybe if it wasn't too expensive, I'd give it a shot.

5. Branndon

Branndon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Old thread, I'm new here, just got an 04 and was wondering this same thing. I am still searching around the forums.

6. Branndon

Branndon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    double post, sorry.

7. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
  8. Branndon

Branndon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks, but that's not what we're looking for. I have seen that before. i want something to automatically lock the doors when you walk away from the prius