1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

auto lock?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by desertbriez, May 30, 2007.

1. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

are there any settings? or is there a mod that will autolock the car as you walk away from it? (or within a few seconds?) or do you ALWAYS have to touch the little lock botton or use the lock feature on the fob?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No setting for autolock. There is an after market option. I think it is from coastal tech. A search of the forum should turn up quite a bit of information.

Tom

3. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ May 30 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]452458[/snapback]</div>
    Some lawyer in Toyota obviously decided that that feature is too much for lawsuit-happy Americans... :angry:

From Tokai-Rika, the company that manufactured the Smart-Kay in Toyota Prius...

"We developed the Smart Entry system, which automatically unlocks the front door as you approach with the Smart key and locks the door after you leave and also the push start system that starts the engine without inserting the key by only pushing the start switch."

4. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

geez..... i'm SO sick of reading all the great things this car can and DOES do in japan/europe... and we've been stripped of that!

thank gawd for coastaletech.... (we have lockpick on the way!) but they don't have an auto lock (when you walk away... they do have an autolock when you put it in gear and drive.... but i want it to lock as i walk away! (is that lazy or what?????? :rolleyes: :lol: )