1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Lock?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nikki&petey, Sep 23, 2009.

1. nikki&petey

nikki&petey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Is there any way to set the car up to auto lock the doors when I start the car? My old car used to do this and I miss this.

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is no way to "program" the car for auto door locking. However, there are some aftermarket devices that will allow the doors to auto-lock. I believe there is a device available from PriusChat Shop.

3. northwichita

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

One auto door lock kit for sell from coastaletech for $65+, I have no personal experience, just recalled looking at the site. Locks when car is going 15mph+.
    Auto Door Lock

Looked up the one in the prius shop
    http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/104
    which sell for $55 as of today. Reasonable. This one also locks upon startup of car.
    Review:
    I purchased the auto door locking module for the Prius shown here. First let me say that I am a reasonably handy person, but not a mechanic. The unit arrived exactly as promised with instructions and color pictures illustrating every step of the installation procedure. Since this was the first one I had done, I was probably a bit more careful and slow than I needed to be. Exposing the wiring harnesses and getting to the power plug was quite straightforward. Some of the spaces where you have to insert the ends of the wire were a bit tight. I had a couple questions and called Chad who provided the unit; he was very helpful, responded immediately and walked me through exactly what I needed to do. About 20 minutes later I tested the unit - but I had not gotten the connector inserted far enough into the power switch, so initially it did not work. After re-checking all my wiring, it then immediately worked and has worked flawlessly since. A few minutes later I had everything back together and with no cutting or splicing of any wires I was very pleased with the job I had done. Since my wife drives the car frequently, I really like the idea that the doors lock

I do have a question for anyone who has this installed. My 04 with smart key will not allow me to lock the doors when the car is still powered on, as I leave the car. I like this feature, it reminds me I forget to shut off the car. Does the installation of this device change this? Thanks in advance.

4. tsunami

tsunami Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Funny you bring that up. Last Saturday at my daughter's soccer game my Prius would not lock using the smart key. I figured the battery had died in the fob so locked the car manually with the little key. Three hours later when I returned I figured out that the car had been left on :embarassed:. So beware if they car doesn't want to lock!

Kirk

5. qmtran

qmtran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Doesn't your car beep to remind you that the car is still on? I know mine does, but it's a 09.

6. tsunami

tsunami Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I thought it did but I did not hear it. There was a lot of noise and cars coming and going at the time so it is possible that I just did not notice it.

Kirk

7. 06COMMUTER

06COMMUTER Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Been there, done that! :doh: