1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Autoblog: How Nissan trains its "Miss Fairlady" show stand models

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Dec 12, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How Nissan trains its "Miss Fairlady" show stand models
    For those who don't know, the JDM name for the Z car (e.g. known here as the 370Z, 350Z, going all the way back to the original 240Z) is Fairlady Z.

For those who haven't been to Tokyo Motor Show (I have 3x) or Tokyo Game Show, most of the companies line up all their "booth babes" at the edge of their booth the last few minutes before the show closes for the day, hence all the guys hanging around to take pictures. :) I guess it's some sort of tradition as it's happened each time I've been to these two shows.

The automakers usually have their girls bow (a few times, IIRC) and they walk off in unison.

2. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So they make their spokesmodels go through a lot of training? Sounds like a good idea in general?

3. Cyberous

Cyberous Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is common practice in Japan for most all retail. I was a little spooky the first time I entered a mall in Japan when they opened the doors, and all these employees standing their to great you.

The other interesting thing about Japan is they love to gift wrap EVERTHING, I thought we were huge wasters of packaging...