1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Autoenginuity and 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Apr 6, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

The bad news is their current software does not recognize the 2010 as anything but a generic OBD-II vehicle. The good news the standard OBD-II parameters are going to be very helpful. I just got back from recording about 8 miles including some maximum accelerations, steep hill climb and coasting down grades both in and out of gear.

I'll contact tech support tomorrow to ask about ZVW30 support. In the meanwhile, I need to map out the NHW11 functions. This is a really fun tool. It will take a day or so to analyzed the recorded data but gosh, I'm pumped. For example, here is the cooled exhaust gas recirculation operation as a function of ICE power setting:
    [​IMG]
    There is more to do, especially with mapping these vehicle metrics to operator displays and measuring engine efficiency.

Bob Wilson

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Bob,

I assume that you bought the Toyota enhancement package. What was your total cost?

JeffD

3. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't recall any steep hills in Huntsville from my time at UAH.....you must have ventured north a little?

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

The total cost was just under $400. This provides the ProLine Connector and license to enable the Toyota options. I just got an update to a support request:
    I can read data from individual controllers and I think the OBD data which includes mass flow, ICE rpm, vehicle velocity and others. I'm still trying to master the software but what I've seen, I'm very happy. BTW, I let them know the Graham miniscanner reads mixed data from separate controllers, which may give them a clue.

FYI, Huntsville AL is in the Tennessee River Valley and we have a few steep ridges including a nice 525 ft. hill, Brindley Mountain, south of the river. So we have both river bottom as well as a few hills and hollars.

Bob Wilson