1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Autoguide Compares PHEV Prius-Volt

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Dec 22, 2010.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Here's the "TEASE" that Autoguide dot com sent me in my email:

[​IMG]
    Sheeze - I thought I'd read every review and comparison under the sun. I don't recall any "groundbreaking" features in the Volt at all ... other than an overly complex transmission ... and even THAT wasn't specifically dreamed up for the volt, was it? Ground breaking? Um, aftermarkt PHEV kits for the Prius have been around for years ... even as big as 40 mile range kits.
    So ... what am I missing? Is it the ad's other 'revelation'?
    That a PHEV Prius, "(might not) get as many miles per gallon [as a Volt]) ?? Did I read something wrong? See, I'd read the PHEV Prius gets 50mpg when the PHEV pack is depleted ... and the Volt, in the same depleted state only gets in the 30's. How is lower mpg's higher than high mpg's? I must REALLY be whacked out.
    ;)
    If you're wondering why I don't link Autoguide dot com's review (by this guy Mark Atkinson), it's because the read does nothing to further knowledge of either product. AND ... with such a mis-informing attempt to hook you into reading the review, one pretty much knows the poor author of the article doesn't understand what he's talking about.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, if you (or anyone) reads the Volt sites, www.gm-volt.com ...

the main talk among owners is ...

the EV range, EV range ..... that's everything right now. Lot of them are talking about range showing after charging. I've seen a post of the range running out at 22.9 miles and some over 30. Nothing near 40 that I've read. Tell you what ... I really don't think they want to be running all that much on gas. But, hey it one can fit most of their days in the range, then, ok. They're just going to eat it on a long trip.

Not to worry hill, that price is going to send most running for the hills.