1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automated Touch Screen Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Virodeath, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey guys trying to wrap up my system components and have some questions. I would like to mount a powered screen in the slot under the radio but I am not sure what kind of clearance it needs to have to extend all the way up. Has anyone done this or can rec. a good screen or dim. I should be looking at?

Also we are planning on doing some traveling this summer and was thinking of a roof mount screen for the kids to watch in the back. Has anyone done this or know if it can be done? Not sure how you would attach and get power to it..

Thanks in advance!

Viro

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had read that forum and it looks like Presto is looking for the same thing I am..? What info. do you think I can use cause I seem to be missing it...

Viro

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, maybe I don't understand what you're looking for. Presto has a screen mounted in the slot under the radio that's up and functional....I thought that's what you were trying to do.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  6. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Efusco his install is a manual pull out monitor, I was looking for a powered one but understand there may be a clearance issue with the screen when it flips up and the bottom of the radio area hitting not letting the screen fully flip up. Also would be cool if you could keep it hidden behind the stock door that is there.

Aaf709 thanks for the great link, can you tell me are those the stock headrests you had monitors installed into or are they larger after market ones? Did the monitors have install instructions for stock headrests or did your installer wing it? Anyone know where I can see more info on the Toyota ones listed by Shawn7? Google is bringing up some billion hits and haven't found them yet.

Thanks again for all the help!

Viro

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I didn't do it. I suggest you join that topic and maybe someone can give you more information. I know that it's possible. If it were me, I'd stick with ones on the headrests.

8. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My dealer had the DVD headrest screens as an aftermarket option. Try calling your dealer to see if they offer it also.