1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic door lock/unlock option help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by born_to_ride, Jun 27, 2024 at 9:28 PM.

1. born_to_ride

born_to_ride Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have read everything I can find (manual, google, here) to toggle my automatic door lock/unlock options on my 2014 Prius Three. I have tried all suggestions and variations several dozen times. It has yet to work (as would be indicated by all doors locking and unlocking once to confirm setting change).

Looking for suggestions from any members who have some familiarity or experience with finally getting it to work.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I've had to do all mine that I've done with the Toyota software that I bought some years ago now or tech stream. Usually it's under security and or door locking which is under chassis I do believe I have mine where everything is turned off One push of the button unlocks the driver door only The car can't be found in the parking lot by pushing the remote I think the panic button might be disabled so that if somebody steals my remote even from me or whatever when they go out to the car or out in the parking lot they can't tell which car's mine easily unless it's real quiet and they can hear the door locks. I don't need the panic feature and I rarely lock the car I just have it so it unlocks the one door because I'm usually alone and if it's night whatever somebody can't jump it another door and grab the handle and get in before I can do something. I'm not sure the button presses or what you have to do to a generation 3 by just having the remote in the car I don't know how you get into those modes probably in the owner's manual but obviously you've read all this online so have no clue I know on my generation twos which are similar I don't think I look for a confirming block or function after I program what I want to happen I try but I programmed into the software on the car after I turn the car off and then use the remote or whatever and see if my functions work like they supposed to. because I've got the flashing and beeping turned off maybe the confirmation flashing beep would override flashing and beeping being turned off but it doesn't seem to in the two or three that are generally here but that is kind of strange.

3. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    As far as I know, the automatic locks only works when you place the car into drive. Some manufacturers door will lock once you hit 3 mph. You can usually adjust this or kill that option in your security options - usually defaulted ON for safety reasons.
    For unlocking, if you have a proximity key - touching the driver's door handle will unlock that door. depending on options/models there may also be a sensor on the front passenger door. Otherwise single push unlock on your fob unlocks drivers door, double push will unlock all doors. Again, you can adjust these options in your security menu of your car.

Hope this helps....

4. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Carista obd and app can do what you are asking about.

born_to_ride likes this.
  5. born_to_ride

born_to_ride Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the great input and suggestions, y’all. I had already picked up a Veepeak ODBCheck BLE + for the Dr. Prius app, and did indeed see the options available the Calista app, so thanks for the pro tip there, Azusa. I’m new to the ODB thing so didn’t realize you could also do stuff like that.

For anyone else that comes across this post, I learned that if you have the display (aka Display Audio System) that three of the four autolock options are accessible from the screen. Doh! The owners manual is somewhat misleading about that, and that part is covered in the Display Audio System Owners Manual (last attachment).

Attached Files:

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    It's quicker for me to do it in the Toyota software than it is in the car button pushing I'd have to look at the owner's manual then.

born_to_ride likes this.