1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

automatic engine starts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jake, Aug 12, 2006.

1. jake

jake New Member

I need help. I just purchased a new 06 Prius and in 2 days I have found the car on and ready to drive when I unlock the car.....I know I have turned every thing off when I get out but it seems that its back on when I approach the car with the key fob....is it me or do I have a problem
    Jake

2. Autosmiler

Autosmiler New Member

Does anyone else drive your car?
    Press "Power" after parking? All lights and stuff go off when you press power?

How low is the battery state-of-charge (SOC) when you start after you realize it's been on? If it's been on then the SOC would be very low and you might even be low on gas, because the gas engine will go on to recharge the battery. If the battery is the same level as you left it, then maybe it's not actually been on and ready to go every time you step in, and it just seems like it because it's so convenient. :)

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It may be a loose connection to the 12V battery. Look at this recent post from Galaxee about "auto-start" Prii. Take it to the dealer since it's new and under warranty.

Here's the topic I mentioned.