1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic Headlights Option??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JShorr, Dec 26, 2004.

1. JShorr

JShorr Junior Member

I have a fully loaded 05 Prius (just got it three days ago). In both the manual and the quick-guide, it lists an automatic headlights (headlights turn on when it gets dark out, and off again when it gets light) option, but my car doesn't have this...

Am I missing something in my car, or is the manual a misprint?

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JShorr\";p=\"59994)</div>
    Only if you bought the car in Canada.

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sorry, I think only the Prius sold here in Canada have the Auto Headlights. My Prius has two sensors in the upper left of the dash, next to the windshield: one sensor is for the Auto HVAC and the other sensor is for the Auto Headlights.

I usually leave my headlight switch on Auto, it appears to transition from DRL to everything at about the correct light level. It is nice to be able to disable it to Off on the stalk, say driving around a lot in covered or underground parking. Then only the DRL are on.

I went to Toyota.com and there is no mention of auto-light on the 2005 Prius. My 2004 Canadian market Prius has this feature, and according to Toyota.ca, so does the 2005 Prius. It's called the "light control system."