1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic Headlights?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pendetim, May 3, 2006.

1. pendetim

pendetim Junior Member

I just picked up my option #7 (NL) Silver Prius today. So far a very nice car!
    I was reading through the owners nanual and a question about "automatic headlamps" came up.

The owners manual makes reference to a third switch position on the lamp control stalk which is labeled "auto" and turns lights on/off based on daylight. It is listed as an optional feature. My control only has the parking light and headlight positions. I have looked on the toyota website and there is no mention of the "auto" headlight function as part of a package or an option.

Same with DRLs. The page in the owners manual says it is an option but I can't find any reference to it on the Toyota website.

Are these Canadian options?

Tim

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pendetim @ May 3 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]249478[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, only available in Canada. In the US all we get is the auto shut-off when you leave the lights on, turn the car off and open the door. Nothing based on daylight. Bummer.

3. ElvisThePelvis

ElvisThePelvis New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ May 3 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]249479[/snapback]</div>
    I could have swore my '05 had this option. I don't remember having to turn the lights on like I do in my new '06.

4. cyrz

cyrz New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ May 3 2006, 10:45 PM) [snapback]249479[/snapback]</div>
    I never did in my 05 either... Untill the days got longer and the sun was out during my commute, and I decided I wanted the brighter speedometer.

Used to just leave the headlight switch in the on position. They'd turn off when I turned off the car, etc.

5. dbotello

dbotello Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four

6. WendyRenee

WendyRenee New Member

You can do this in the 2005 too. :rolleyes: