1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic light control system on 2006

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MPacifico, Jan 5, 2006.

1. MPacifico

MPacifico New Member

Hi -

I've been lurking on this site for awhile but since I just picked up my 2006 Classic Silver Package 7 (had leather installed by dealer) I though it would be a good idea to register.

Once question so far - I noticed the reference to the auto light system in the owners manual and I see the sensor on the dash (I have the same in my Highlander) but I don't see the "Auto" on the light switch. Am I missing something or is it not available? I would think that it would be included in this package.

Having a blast so far!

Michael

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

If it is like the '04/'05, the dash sensor is for the A/C system, not the headlights. The manual is in error and this feature is not availabel in the U.S.

3. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It is in the North-American manual, however is is only available in Canada.

If you just leave your lights on they will switch off after you have powered down and opened the drivers door.

4. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"If you just leave your lights on they will switch off after you have powered down and opened the drivers door. "

This is true, but the order matters. If you open the door first, they don't shut off. I'm also not sure if this happens from READY mode only, or all powered modes. If you turn it on in your driveway, or get out for the mail, or otherwise open the door before powering down, they do not shut off. In the day this could run down the battery.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The beginning of the manual does state that there will be features that may not be applicable to your car. This is because the same manual is used for Canada and the US. I'm surprised there are more "Where's my Auto Headlights" than "Where's my HIDs"

To add to KTPhil's message. If you exit by any other door (e.g. front passenger door) the light won't turn off. It'll only turn off if the driver's door is opened.